tisdag 28 april 2009

Another day, another post

Oh well,

I have started to think in English so it is only fair that you should have to start to read my posts in it as well. It only took two weeks of only speaking English to actually get me to start to think in English. Amazing. While I was out on the jungle trek, I started composing the post of that day in my head and I found myself thinking the post out in English.

Anyway, today we were supposed to do two dives on a site named "two islands" but the boat broke down on us. So we got back to shore, got all the equipment out of the boat and prepared for a shore dive. Then they managed to fix the boat, so we loaded it up again. Went 500 meters out in the ocean and one of the engines broke down. Apparently we could not go to "two islands" on just one engine, so we went to another dive site. However, since we did not have our usual driver and there is no markings of the dive site, we could not find it. So, we went to yet another site. There, we had a terrible dive. There was basically no visibility this day (it is normally a very nice site) and there was the strongest current I have ever encountered during diving.

We were supposed to do two dives but since we were very late in the schedule due to the engine troubles we decided to do a night dive before dinner instead.

For those who wonders, I did go to the doctors today, but there is nothing interesting to tell about that.

The night dive was nice but short, Ill get to why. We saw a bamboo shark and some bluespotted stingrays. After mabey 35 minutes Jack (one of the volunteers) had some problems equalizing so we had to abort the dive. His problem appeard pretty bad so we actually called for a doctor and for a short while they were actually talking about shipping him of the island. He recovered though so we will probably know in the morning if he can dive soon or not.

Anyway my roomies have fallen asleep and it is time for me to do the same.
Until next time, och då på svenska igen, ha det underbart!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar